Friday, September 26, 2014

study session with Pinterest Japan



I was invited to attend a study session conducted by the members of Pinterest Japan. I was actually really surprised when I received an invitation - although I do use Pinterest once in a while and have a widget on my blog, I don't consider myself the most avid user. But since it is a useful tool in social media and blogging, I decided to see what I could learn from this study session. The community managers for Pinterest Japan, Yuka Yamaguchi and Ami Matsuzawa, were so sweet, and I enjoyed the lecture presentation by Yuka. I had recently upgraded my Pinterest account to a business one, but hadn't really played around with it much since. She carefully explained the benefits of verifying your blog or website on your Pinterest account. Also, there is an analytics section on Pinterest, which might come in handy to check my page views and impressions. 

It was a small group of bloggers and Pinners, but I enjoyed meeting every single person there. I was (finally) able to meet fellow blogger & illustrator Akiko Hiramatsu from Kimonosnack. She is on my left in the photo in a DVF dress. She is the sweetest lady! You can follow her on Pinterest here.

Yuka is also a blogger - check out her blog, Blossom Link. She has a wide variety of boards on her Pinterest account. Follow her on Pinterest here.

Pinterest Japan was created just about a year ago, so it's not as popular in Japan yet. I hope more people in Japan learn about Pinterest - I've realized it's a useful tool for business, and in my case, for blogging. My goal is to learn how to use Pinterest well with what I learned today!


Follow me on Pinterest :)




Love,

Samantha Mariko






21 comments:

  1. Amazing event, hope you had great time. I didn´t know that Pinterest in Japan is not as popular as in other countires. Hope it will get better. :)
    Fashion Happenss

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow amazing! I would love to go to a Pinterest hosted event, it's one of my favorite inspirational places to go to.

    xx,
    Tania
    http://inspiremyfancy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was really cool! I think it will take off there. Awesome that you were invited. It speaks a lot :)
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a fantastic opportunity to network and learn more about pinterest! i'd love to attend a session like this.

    xo,
    gabby
    www.likealittlefox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would absolutely LOVE to attend a session like this... I think I would definitely consider myself an avid pinner - I'm kind of obsessed!

    xx Hélène
    www.FashionOverReason.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. your life is amazing! would love to see you when I visit Japan!


    www.anisacrament.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to learn more about Pinterest since I have it for a long time but haven't used it really!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's so great you had a chance to learn with Pinterest Japan. I don't use pinterest a lot but I do enjoy browsing picture there when I had!

    Love,
    http://g-carinoo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an amazing opportunity. I currently use Pinterest for personal use (ideas, travel, recipes) but my boyfriend recently converted it to a business one so we'll see how that will work! I'm sure you got valuable information out of it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a really interesting event, great that you meet some lovely people too :)

    The Belle Narrative

    ReplyDelete
  11. まりこさんへ

    先日はどうもありがとう。まりこさんとお話することができて,
    とっても嬉しかったです♡
    ブログで拝見していた以上にかわいいまりこさん、スタイルも抜群でびっくりしちゃいました。
    それからわたしのブログとピンタレストも紹介してくれてありがとう!
    わたしも近々この勉強会のブログをアップする予定です♡

    akiko

    ReplyDelete
  12. cool!!!

    check out my new blog post:

    http://tamysfashionworld.blogspot.com/2014/09/flower-headband.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. so so neat! i am addicted to pinterest :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This sounds really interesting! I'm a huge fan of Pinterest and would love to attend an event like that. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. hey
    I heard a lot aboutterest, but I still have problem to start useing it. I already use facebook, instagram and tumblr from time to time. I'm not sure will I use it constantly?! do you see in it real social potential?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read each and every one!