Sunday, April 20, 2014

happy easter




Today, I attended church in Japan for the first time. I've been to church all of my childhood in California, but sort of stopped sometime during high school. If you are friends with me on Facebook or follow me on Instagram, you might know that I very recently became a Christian, and I really wanted to attend church for Easter. One of my close friends in Tokyo invited me to go to St. Ignatius in Yotsuya with her family, which was very generous and kind of her. I truly enjoyed the beautiful service and music. Afterwards, we had brunch at the Tokyo American Club. The pancakes were delicious! What a treat.


今日は、イースターを祝うために東京で初めて教会へ行きました。カトリックではありませんが、四谷の聖イグナチオ教会で、友達とその家族とともに、素敵な時間を過ごすことができました。


I hope everyone has a wonderful Easter. God bless.





Love,

Samantha Mariko

16 comments:

  1. What a wonderful experience; and yes, the breakfast looks drooling-tasty!

    -Joua, http://jouatotherescue.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Easter dear! Very nice that you went to the church. :)
    btw. these pancakes look yummy!

    ❤ ✿ VISIT MY BLOG ✿ ❤
    Rinako

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Easter~
    Comment to me back to keep in touch~
    xx

    www.sakuranko.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. 君の日本語が上手ね:)

    ็Happy Easter to you too love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a beautiful church!
    i had a wonderful easter.
    happy easter dear :D
    i followed you on instagram, hope you do the same.

    instagram id: puspitanh
    http://inathaita.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Unfortunately I didn't get to attend church--- despite really wanting to! (My husband had to work and with the little one it can be challenging alone). But we did head to Easter brunch! It was lovely....

    So happy you were able to attend church! Did you like the service? Would you go back?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Easter :)

    The Cutielicious
    http://www.thecutielicious.com
    Federica

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice to know that you're a Christian :) Happy Easter dear! :))

    xoxo,
    rae
    http://www.raellarina.net/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pics and beautiful interior of church. Happy Eastern. :)
    Fashion Happenss

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Easter :)

    FOLLOW MY BLOG / Maybe we can follow each other!!!
    http://rimanerenellamemoria.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  11. glad to hear your Easter was delightful. happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Easter Sam! What a gorgeous church! That's the true meaning behind the holiday. I had pancakes this morning too.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope you had a wonderful Easter! That church is really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I totally missed out on this post. Sounds like you had a wonderful Easter. How kind of your friend, and the church looks really bright and lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  15. it's so good see a church in Japan! I'm so happy to hear that you had a good time. And those pancakes have me drooling

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read each and every one!